Black Mold Remediation in Lincoln Park, NJ
Water damage repair and mold remediation are two of our specialties at Paul Davis of Lincoln Park. When a catasatrophe affects your home or business, we’ll thoroughly finish the job so that you never have to make a second call.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We reply instantly, day or night, so the damage doesn’t escalate while you wait.
- Licensed professionals have the expertise to safely and expertly handle water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Paul Davis’s comprehensive resolution includes building drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial measures.
- Progressive equipment and technology senses the source and quarantines the location, preventing its spread.
What is Black Mold?
Black mold is the substance It is a noxious fungus that creeps in unseen, and then takes over. Mold is all around us – indoors and out – just waiting for the condition it needs to settle down and multiply. Microscopic spores can lie dormant almost indeterminately, until they encounter dark, dank areas to set up shop. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can be lethal, affecting the health of both people and pets. It is part of a species of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as risky.
Information about Mold
Mold quickly spread across walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home suffers water damage, you should have a professional heck the walls for mold infestations. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then spring up essentially overnight.
Once mold forms colonies in your property, it immediately grows and discharges toxins that make life unpleasant for inhabitants:
- Mold emits a strong, mildewed scent that prevents rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can trigger chronic inflammation and constant cold-like symptoms.
- People with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally damp homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion immediately.
To get rid of mold, the environment where it flourishes must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold removal and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to close the tide. Moisture can saturate hidden sections of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep coming back to these spots.
What We Do
- We scrutinize the area and assess visible and hidden damage triggered by water and mold, and what action should be taken to stop further damage.
- We contain the mold so that it can’t transmit to larger areas.
- We use progressive air filtration procedures to eradicate spores from the air.
- We get rid of mold and any items that have been infected with it, and then we treat the area with antimicrobial substances to kill what’s left.
- We clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes exterminating that awful, musty odor.
- We return the area to its pre-damaged condition using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
No removal procedure can ensure that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as inhospitable to mold as possible.
Contact Paul Davis of Lincoln Park right away. Whether it’s your living space or your business environment that has been jeopardized, our prompt, thorough, skillfully trained technicians will turn back time on your water and mold damage. We’ll work with you to get things back to their pre-damaged state.